Saturday, March 20, 2010

New to this!

Well everyone, I've never had a blog before. I don't want to bore you out right off the bat! I figured this would be a cool way to remember a part of my life as well as bring something interesting to others who are crazy enough to care :P

I've been reading a few other blogs lately because, yes, I am also a candidate for the Walt Disney World College Program. Conformity sets in and appeals to me to create a blog of my own. My purpose is purely for me to remember this experience, but hey, others may get a kick out of it or find some information helpful :) I'm not opposed to helping someone who seeks it!

Anyway, I found myself first interested in the program when I was handed a pamphlet when leaving school. Never had I heard of the program. It just fell into my hands. I looked it over and it didn't seem to apply to me, but found myself browsing the website when I got home and I was hooked. Who wouldn't want to do an internship with other college students, in Florida, at one, if not the best, vacation spots in the world! I was planning on waiting to go to the presentation on campus, but could not wait 3 weeks, too much excitement, so I watched the online presentation. The rest is history. I now await my fate.

I had the infamous phone interview on Wednesday, March 17, at 7:30 pm. It being St. Patrick's Day, my campus was booming with parties, loud music and people. I was sitting out in my car avoiding as much noise as possible. My interviewer called 1 minute before 7:30. Quite prompt I must say lol. The interview lasted 30 minutes. It went great! I wasn't nervous, just anxious for the call! I called my dad right after my interview. He's so cute! He's so excited about the wdwcp. He told me he's standing on pins and needles until he finds out if I am accepted. I'm not sure who's more excited, him or me lol. I love my old man!

I received my e-mail thanking me for interviewing with them just yesterday (Friday the 19). So the 3-4 week wait begins! I'm super excited! I'm staying as optimistic as possible! I could apply another season if I'm not accepted for Fall 2010. But cross my fingers that I don't have to do that!

I know I haven't received the purple folder and been accepted yet, but I would love to hear from some other students who will be attending the
Fall 2010 session. Let me know some things about you. Where you're from, what programs/classes you might be interested in when you're down in FL.

Feel free to leave a comment or a question for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com